Pest Threat in Monsoon –India
By Ravi Kumar
The monsoon season brings with it a major transformation of our environment – and it is
important to prepare for these changes as much as possible. Of course, those changes
are not always positive. You have probably noticed that your home / Offices are more
likely to be visited – or overrun – with pests during this time, too.
This influx of pests is also why the rainy season is infamous for an increase in pest-related
diseases such as dengue, Chikungunya, malaria etc . Diarrhoea is also a common
disease caused in monsoon season, usually caused by bacteria and parasites on
contaminated food, and Rodent and flies, Roaches are sole responsible for that
How to handle pest control in the rainy season:
- Mosquitoes breed in accumulated, dirty water, so cover any buckets, containers or wells with a secure lid.
- Prevent rats and cockroaches from getting inside your home by plugging any holes, cracks or crevices in walls, rooftops or doorways.
- Check if there is any exposed piping through which cockroaches or rats could get into your home, and place mesh covers on the mouth of the pipes.
- Prevent mosquitoes through installing mosquito screens on your doors and windows.
- Use an effective mosquito repellent.